Jeffrey J. Martin
- Extensive hands-on experience with computers since childhood.
- Eighteen years developing business and web applications with Microsoft Products
- Nine years professionally building and configuring computer hardware and network systems.
- Able to quickly learn new computer systems, applications and languages.
- Self-disciplined, flexible, able to work as a team member and individually to achieve results.
- Stays current with new technologies and practices.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with business process owners, technical and non-technical team members.
- Experienced as a senior member, team leader, and manager of teams.
Software Development & Computer Experience
Systems and Languages:
- C# (Certified)
- SOA Services
Technologies and Applications:
- Lambda, Redshift, SNS, SQS
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Spring MVC
- Atlassian Products (JIRA, Bamboo, Confluence)
Web UI Technologies:
Details of Experience
Principle Software Engineer, ClearDATA
June, 2014 - Present
Helped form team of software engineers to work on customer portal
Helped take over CMS implementation used by a major hospital brand
Designed development environment and worked with network engineers to build it out
Helped Company transition to a new Cloud platform
Helped Design and Develop Cloud Billing system for AWS customers using AWS Lambdas, AWS Redshift, and other AWS Technologies
Senior Software Engineer, American Traffic Solutions
November, 2012 - June, 2014
Planned and Deployed Continuous Integration Server for department
Mentored other developers on Agile coding techniques
Quickly learned new business processes and immediately made contributions to existing code base
Helped charter architecture review board
Developed coding and development standards
Guided the migration of existing projects to more modern methodologies and best practices using Scrum processes
Developed data processors that work against millions of input lines and millions of database records
Senior Software Engineer, Apollo Group
November, 2008 - November, 2012
Acted in Architect role, designing applications and keeping them on track
Extensive participation in Architectural Council developing designs and standards for development throughout the 900+ member software organization
Developed Activity Stream Service interface using BPEL and Intel's SOA Expressway
Contributed to development of web services used by multiple applications.
Participated in Agile Development teams using SCRUM methodologies.
Contributed development on complex site that uses multiple web services.
Contributed to existing library of continuous integration scripts and setup.
Senior Developer, Solid State Networks
May, 2006 - October, 2008
- Developed Custom website displaying statisical information on a proprietary version of the BitTorrent protocol.
- Implemented company productivity processes and software such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Team Lead for a group of up to 3 developers.
- Implemented Log parsing using SSIS.
- Helped Implement a data warehouse and SSAS cube.
- Implemented continuous integration environment using CruiseControl.NET.
- Developed web-based management tool for controlling production servers in the Solid State Content Distribution Network.
Senior Developer, Ethix Media
February, 2005 - May, 2006
- Designed and Implemented heavily customized DotNetNuke website.
- Designed, developed, documented and maintained a library of custom DotNetNuke modules to support flagship product.
- Maintained IT and hosting infrastructure of the company.
Senior Developer, Intrasight Technologies
May, 2001 - February, 2005
- Designed, developed and maintained large-scale business applications using C#, ASP.NET, .NET framework, SQL Server, Active Directory, and other Microsoft Based Server Products.
- Designed, developed and documented Web Services applications using MS .NET Technologies.
- Designed, developed and maintained Web Applications based on Microsoft Active Server Page architecture for Fortune 500 clients.
- Developed utility executables using C#.
Manager, KPMG Consulting LLC
May, 2000 - April, 2001
- Managed small group of e-business developers in Microsoft Practice including database specialist, technical writer, and two developers.
- Developed data driven, web based solutions using ASP, VB, SQL Server, IIS and other Microsoft .NET Server products.
- Designed and developed internal “Roadmap” site for use of Microsoft technologies.
Director of Software Development, quepasa.com inc.
November, 1998 - April, 2000
- Managed new development on Hispanic Portal Web Community.
- Managed team of ten developers using HTML, ASP, SQL-Server, Vignette, and other Web based technologies.
- Managed web-server farm, SQL Server, Visual Source Safe server and all development and administration servers
- Developed utility applications using VB and MS-Access
- Developed web interface to Inktomi search engine featured on site.
Developer, Today.com inc
July, 1998 - November, 1998
- Designed and developed proto-type “Template Server” Web ware technology.
Developer/Consultant, Kemptah Group/ Department of Education, Arizona
October, 1997 - July, 1998
- Developed web-based, data driven intra-net site for Dept. of Education.
Programmer, IKON Office Solutions
February, 1995 - October, 1997
- Designed, developed, and maintained inventory application for warehouse (MS-Access based).
- Maintained and integrated MS-Access based sales tracking application with inventory application.
- Developed utility programs using MS-Access and Visual Basic.
Education and Training
Google Cloud Platform Training
KPMG Consulting Management Training Course
KPMG Internet and Wireless Training
Certified in Microsoft OS (transcript available)
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Course at Computer Education Specialists
Arizona State University
Awards and Certifications
Google Cloud Platform Certified Solutions Architect
Amazon Web Services Certified Developer, Associate
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer for Microsoft .NET
(C# Web, C# Windows, C# XML Web Services, SQL Server 2000, Solution Architecture)
Certified in Windows NT Workstation, NT Server, NT Server in the Enterprise
Customer Support Person of the Year, 1995, Ikon Office Solutions
Customer Support Person of the Month, Ikon Office Solutions (3 times)
National Merit Scholarship Association Finalist
Army Achievement Medal
Expert Infantryman Badge
ClearDATA Networks, Austin, TX, June 2014 - Present
American Traffic Solutions, Scottsdale, AZ, November, 2012 - June, 2014
Apollo Group, Tempe, AZ November, 2008 - November, 2012
Solid State Networks, Tempe, AZ May, 2006 – October, 2008
Ethix Media, Scottsdale, AZ, February 2005 – May, 2006
Intrasight Technologies Inc., Phoenix, Az – May,2001 – February, 2005
KPMG Consulting, Phoenix, Az – May,2000 – April, 2001
quepasa.com inc., Phoenix, Az November, 1998 – April, 2000
Independent Contractor November, 1998 – December, 1998
Today.com, Tempe, AZ, July, 1998 – November, 1998
Kemtah Group, Phoenix, AZ, October, 1997 – July, 1998
IKON Office Solutions, Tempe, AZ, Feb. 1995 – October, 1997
Computers for Rent, Phoenix, AZ, Oct. 1993 - Feb. 1995
United States Army, Ft. Benning, GA; Baumholder, FRG, Ft. Irwin, CA; Jan 1990 - Oct. 1993